Learn how to make this classic and sophisticated tote! This simple and elegant tote will look great with anything and will keep your must-have essentials close at hand. A divided front pocket is perfect for stashing keys and a phone. Holly DeGroot will walk you through the process of making your own Wool + Wax Tote. You'll come away with a finished tote and new skills for adding leather straps, hardware and working with waxed canvas (optional) to take your bag making skills to the next level!
- divided front pocket
- interior slip pocket
- tips for working with waxed canvas and sewing with leather
Approx. Finished Dimensions: 13” W, 15” H, 3” deep
- Hardware kit to make your bag (includes rivets)
- Leather straps ($19 value)
- Guided instruction during the workshop
- 15% discount on fabrics and supplies purchased for the workshop
Workshop instruction by Holly DeGroot. Snacks and refreshments will be served. Please arrive to class promptly.
Required Supplies (not included with workshop):
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- Everyday Essentials Pattern Booklet (includes Wool + Wax Tote Pattern, Petal Pouch + Minimalist Wallet)
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric (non-directional)
- 1/2 yard contrast bottom fabric
- 2 1/4 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20″ wide)
- 1/2 yd Pellon 809 (only if using regular canvas for Contrast Bottom)
- Denim needle
- Water soluble pen
- Walking foot (optional)
- Matching polyester thread
- Sewing machine (in good working order)
You must bring your own machine with you to class. We do have a limited number of machines available if you do not have your own.
Workshop Prep: You must cut and interface your fabrics prior to class. Feel free to stop in ahead of time if you have any questions!
Skill Level: Experienced beginner. You know the basics of sewing including threading your machine, winding a bobbin, sewing a straight line, and are comfortable with your sewing machine. Please take our Sewing 101 Workshop prior to registering for this class if you are not comfortable/familiar with your machine.
Workshops at Bijou Lovely require registration and prepayment in most cases. Workshops are non-refundable, but cancellations received 72 hours before the day of the class will be able to transfer their fees to another workshop. Cancellations received less than 72 hours prior to the day of the workshop and no-shows will forfeit their workshop fees. We cannot guarantee the same workshop will be available for rescheduling. Arriving 15 minutes late for a workshop may result in a forfeit of fees.
***By submitting your order you agree to the above terms and conditions of workshops at Bijou Lovely.
*Workshops are subject to change or cancellation based on low attendance, weather, or other circumstances.